A connected facility is an extensive analysis platform located in building 221, consisting of:
- 3 HPLCs for primary extracellular metabolite analysis by ion-exclusion chromatography by HPLC-UV-RI setup with the classic Aminex column.
- 2 ion chromatography (IC) systems for: i) IC with suppressed conductivity (and the possibility of IC-MS) for organic acids and phosphorylated metabolites, ii) and IC-PAD for carbohydrates, sugar alcohols etc.
- 2 GC-MS systems for primary metabolite analysis and 13C based flux analysis.
- Extensive secondary metabolite profiling platform with UHPLC-DAD, HPLC-DAD-ELSD, HPLC-FLD, HPLC-MS/MS (Triple Q), UHPLC-DAD-HRMS (QTOF maXis III), HPLC-DAD-HRMS (LCT).
- Preparative purification platform for isolation of mg-g amounts of expressed metabolites for NMR characterization out house.
The fermentation facility is complemented with purification equipment for downstream processing, which includes continuous flow cooled homogenizer, micro- and ultrafiltration unit and advanced purification system AKTA Avant. This equipment is especially well suited for protein purification.